Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Lloyd Cole - Ever Try Listening to Him Sober?


Its easy to get lost in the world of Lloyd Cole and confuse yourself with.... LLOYD COLE. I've done it..... and believed all the gibberish I've heard or thought i heard in his lyrics even the stuff that wasn't there.....(like finding forgiveness while walking through the rain.. and being cleansed of your sins... yes i WAS A WACKO).

Lloyd is brilliant. He will always be brilliant even when he is terrible. There will always be an unshakable genuine quality about him. Now I haven't heard his new stuff with the Negatives but when i was in NYC I can tell you that he was still selling out packed houses, (ex: The Bowery Ballroom..... they serve great booze by the way).

I liked him in the Commotions. I liked him solo and i liked him when he got that gimmicky self centered introspective look off the self entitled album....LLOYD COLE!

HENCE.. I dig Lloyd Cole.

No comments: