Thursday, December 7, 2006

THE DESCENDENTS - ARE THE ONE !!!

This is why i love CHICAGO MAN !!!

I was sitting in my tub in my apartment with the radio on one night. I was debating if I was going to go out into the night and have another rock and roll adventure -- maybe hit the blues clubs or the Metro.

Then this song comes on and I lose it. I had no idea the Descendents were still putting out music. I jumped out of my tub as soon as the song was done ... I was naked running around my pad looking for something to throw on. I got my boots on and ran down 8 flights of stairs out into the street. I found Reckless Records and found one copy of this on CD and bought it.

Hows that for manic behavior. I proceeded to play this song like 50 times for the next 24 hours. I as addicted to this song.

Still am.

Now if I had been in Detroit this never would have happened. Thats because 89.X is still touting the same crap as they were in the early 90's..... the same Stone Temple Pilot songs and the same Pearl Jam tunes too.. I am not kidding.

Chicago radio is progressive AND NECESSARY. Always has been and always will be an essential music town... don't believe me? FIne.... Just ask the ROlling Stones.

No comments: