Thursday, March 1, 2007

THE FALL - attack of the maniacal style busters


"GALAD TO MEETCHA ... !!!!!"
When I first heard this band I fell into a deep state of HATRED. These songs ate away at my sanity. ONce that was disposed of I begged to hear more of it. I became a fan of THE FALL in about... 24 hours. This was partially due to the fact that I couldn't get these bleedin songs out of my head. I kept thinking about them.

Then I became head over heels about them. I scrounged around record stores collecting little bits of this and that. Since this was before the internet boom and online shopping you had to slug yerself down to the record shop and see what was available. Sometimes you'd walk out with nothing at all.

Here is what AOL MUSIC had to say about the band...
Released in December 2002, "The Fall vs. 2003" single ushered in the next great era of the band with Poulou offering a melodic base for Smith's abrasiveness the same way Nagle and Brix had before. Jim Watts discovered he was fired when Smith held a band meeting in a bar in March of 2003 and bought everyone a drink but Watts. Bassist Simon "Dingo" Archer would take his place for a June - July American tour. An early version of the band's next album was leaked to the Internet influencing Smith to re-record and add/drop some tracks. The leak was referenced in the album's new title, The Real New Fall LP Formerly Country On The Click, released in October. A Christmas single, "(We Wish You) A Protein Christmas" appeared in December.
Not bad eh? I figured I'd mix things up a bit and drop in the second to last paragraph. After all you really don't need to hear about another chapter from the year 1977 again do you? (about how the UK shook up music with the punk movement etc. blah blah blah?)
Enjoy this for what it is. Its brilliant and a bit outrageous.

No comments: