Tuesday, February 27, 2007

THE KILLERS - HOW DID IT COME TO THIS?

When the Killers first popped their head into the public arena I was interested. I wasn't OVERJOYED but I was interested. I thought Brandon Flowers stumbled and rambled on a bit in his tight suit trying his best to look like Michael J Fox from the tv show Family Ties.... he looked too Republican to be in a rock and roll limelight.

The band that played with the were the Soft Machines. They were dreary in comparison but looked intriguing too. I was glad that this new wave of bands were trying to do something original. We took a wild departure from all these crappy 90's bands that mumbled.. HEYY EYAYYY YEYAYYYY HAYYYYY like a bunch of stoned Navajos.


Man.. that was a crappy time to be listening to music. If it wasnt for the BBC I'd jump off a building. Our radios are not faring much better now with this American Idol nonsense but at least the bands are becoming a bit more listenable.

Hygeine counts too and these boys got it. From what I can tell.


And this band is interesting to listen to musically. I really think that this song wears its heart on its sleeve and the emotion could have actually been milked a little more.... and even extended.

I like this band considerably. They do grow on you.

Cantu writes for the
FASCUBE - Fashion Culture Beauty Network out of Detroit, MI.

No comments: