Tuesday, February 27, 2007

MAGIC - NOT OUTDONE BY RECENT CGI !!!!


magic.. MAGIC I SAID.. !!!

1978
Staring Anthony Hopkins and that IRRITATING FATS... that miserable puppet with the evil tendencies.

Oh sure, it may not look like it now but this trailer scared the piss out of me in 1978. I was literally terrified out of my gourd. I was paralyzed in fear. This thing haunted me and took up the entire viewing ratio of my tv screen. It would always ALWAYS come on tv without fail when my mother was out at the store or at pottery class.

I would sit there. .NUMB. too terrified to get up and change the channel. This was before the age of remotes even. We had a Zenith color tv, and to change the channel you had to actually get up off your fat ass and do it manually.

This movie is a hoot. Its worth watching. But honestly, I don't know if it was as frightening as this commercial. Now we are lost in this age of CGI and digital effects and horror films have reached new heights. But they are really overdone to the point where I lose my interest in whats happening in them.
For me, and my money.... this clip is what its all about.
And nothing has come close to it since it came out. There hasn't been anything that has created this level of terror in just 30 seconds. And certainly nothing as memorable for years like this one. IF you ask anyone in America what scared them the most as a child == this clip comes up a lot in conversation.

Seriously.
MAN !

No comments: