Monday, December 25, 2006

THE REPLACEMENTS - TAKIN A RIDE -- (MAN !!!)


MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! TO HARD ROCK FANS EVERYWHERE!

This is a rare clip from the "Sorry Ma Forget To Take Out The Trash Tour!" - AND THE BAND OF COURSE IS THE REPLACEMENTS!!!!

"Takin a Ride" - has a nostalgic feel for me. I get weepy. I remember the good times. Whazzat you say?

In my youth I ran around with a bunch of no good hooligans and I loved every second of it. There were about 18 months of pure bliss that I fondly remember. Its a miracle we didn't wrap our cars around telephone poles although we certainly backed into enough of them. One of my buddies jammed a coke bottle into his mouth nearly taking out all four of his upper teeth. We found this somewhat hilarious.

Youth, (and life for that matter) is a series of choices. There are some you regret and then there are some you wish you could live over again. If I had to choose to find the love of my life or run around my gang -- I would have to choose the later. After all my buddy Myles H was crazy and he actually drove his car through a golf course at night. It was better than the Cedar Pointe Amusement Park. I enjoyed living like that.

So when I hear, "Takin' A Ride" it brings back memories. Great ones. If had continued on that way I would have ended up like television drunk personality Bill Bonds. Who knows, it might have been worth it.

But I never thought I was ever going to see this song performed live - especially near the same period when it first came out. Check out the clear close up image of Bob Stinson working the fret board. I never saw footage of him playing before. This is friggen great.
________________
CANTU FASCUBE 2006

No comments: