Saturday, December 30, 2006

JACKIE ROGERS JUNIOR = KURT KOBAIN

POP CULTURE CONFESSION

Now that I'm far from campus and the Nirvana years I can speak my mind. When I first saw Kurt Kobain I had no idea what sex he was. I saw the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" video and was totally confused. I really thought it was a joke band.


Worse.... Kobain reminded of Hollywood lunatic Jackie Rogers Junior, (played by Martin Short on SCTV).

Its not entirely out of line. I once confused the lead singer of Sugar Smack to be an ugly woman. This quasi-Led Zeppelin band featured a long haired girly man in skin tight pink leather pants. It turned out to be a really gangly guy with bright pink hair. He was leaping around so fast on stage that I couldn't tell what he was.... a male or a female. Now before I get off the track......

Jackie Rogers Junior is the worlds first albino superstar. This live track from a video tape release, "Martin Short Goes to Hollywood" is a bit silly but no sillier than some of the campy Vegas/Hollywood stars we've endured over the years.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ted Cantu is the creator of
http://www.beautyloungestore.com he contributes to several blogs and podcasts such as…..http://911copywriters.podomatic.com. He served as a top rated art director for Interactive Web Marketing groups in Chicago and New York City.

No comments: