Wednesday, December 27, 2006

LLOYD COLE - WHATS MY PROBLEM?


During the age of "SPY" Magazine you could find Lloyd Cole doing liquor ads. He would pose by a two seater table looking fashionably bored in SOHO, NYC. Painfully hip, wonderfully dresssed and very well read Cole set the pace for the literary set.... The ad worked on me... I WANTED TO BE THAT GUY.

No doubt, I shared many of Cole's problems but I would settle for nothing less than to also be as complicated. As one year collided into another these songs from the album mainstream burned a permenant place in my consciousness. I forgot that this album has been a part of me since 1987.

Other notable tracks on this release include, "Sean Penn Blues" and "Mr. Malcontent". I liked this album as soon as I heard it. I saw the album cover and I knew it was going to be significant before I even bought it. Cole never really put his face on an album cover before this release. "Easy Peices" and "Rattlesnakes" only offered artwork on their covers. But this one really struck me as a dramatic release. And it was a black and white shot which instantly communicated drama to me.

I was right. This guy was pretty dramatic.
And brilliant.
----------------------------
Ted Cantu is the creator of Mobile Cast and
http://www.911copywriters.blogspot.comhe has handled the marketing for such innovative groups like http://www.WindsorBeauty.com and contributes to several blogs and podcasts such as….. http://911copywriters.podomatic.com. He served as a top rated art director for Interactive Web Marketing groups in Chicago and New York City.

No comments: