Wednesday, December 27, 2006

THE BLOW MONKEYS - DID ANYONE CATCH THIS?


Dr. Robert.

(Yeesh)

My first reaction to this video was ... man.. that is the GAYEST GAY GUY I've ever seen. I didn't even know if he was gay or not but thats what I thought. This guy made Boy George look like Charles Bronson.

He got the title "Doctor" when he was on campus. People used to go to him with all their problems. He was good at counseling people and the term stuck --- becoming permanent.

It turns out Dr. Robert was married when he shot this.... I think. I had read something about that on the BBC web site. This song was catchy even though I didn't want to admit it at the time. Now its on VH1 Classic and gets occasional airplay.

This song totally confused me. I had no idea why it was being shown or what my reaction was supposed to be. Then I sort of forgot about it. For years.

It turns out this song is loaded with drug references, (no pun intended). I laughed too at the fact that this guy looks like one of my psychopathic ex-agents. Its rather hard to keep a straight face as I watch it even today.
------------------------------
Ted Cantu is the creator of Mobile Cast and
http://www.911copywriters.blogspot.comhe has handled the marketing for such innovative groups like http://www.WindsorBeauty.com and contributes to several blogs and podcasts such as….. http://911copywriters.podomatic.com. He served as a top rated art director for Interactive Web Marketing groups in Chicago and New York City.

No comments: