Wednesday, December 27, 2006

GENERATION X - LIVE ON THE BOLAN SHOW - 1976


WOA WAIT A MINUTE... Marc Bolan had a tv show? pffft hehe

sorry kids....

But that actually made me laugh. My girlfriend adored Marc Bolan and painted this portrait of him being this masculine nordic God. But looking at this clip is far from convincing.

Get a load of Billy Idol bopping around to that shakey camera work. Nice Job.


This song, "Your Generation" is a real bulldozer when its cranked up with heavy bass. But here in this clip it comes off very tinny and somewhat flimsy. This if from the first album..... I think. That is if Chrysallis Records is telling us the truth. This could have been a single and ended up on their second album, (you know how that goes).

The shirt that Billy Idol wears here makes a few more appearances on a couple of bootleg lps. I recognized it as soon as I saw this clip. I had no idea there was television footage of this song.
------------------
Fascube 2006

No comments: