Sunday, December 24, 2006

ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN - LIVE


MAKE ME SHINE

I'm going to act like a big record company here for a moment and post the WRONG album cover for this track. My reasons are just as selfish as theirs. My reason may be the same exact reason why they do it. I posted this pic because I think you should run out and buy it. Heh.......

Its not coming out until next year, Jan. 23rd to be exact. I can't tell you exactly what is going to be on this album but my guess is that it is going to be pretty amazing stuff. There are some Echo and the Bunnymen tracks that are finally being released from their web site juke box, (Rollercoaster for one can be found in the box set). I'm still looking for Antelope.... which is based off of Bring on the Dancing Horses. Its powerful driving unrelenting sound makes that song a must have.

I came across this live version of, "Make Me Shine" by accident. I had no idea this was floating around. It is one of the better tracks off the, "Flowers" release. The details for the musical narrative in the intro are totally botched up but the rest of the song is handled nicely. This could have been a rehearsal. If this was a live track the band would be covered with fog and mysterious lights..... and I wouldn't have them any other way.

---------------------------
CANTU FASCUBE 2006

No comments: