Sunday, May 20, 2007

SLIM WHITMAN - SOLD MORE RECORDS THAN ELVIS AND THE BEATLES !



"heres a man WHO SOLD MORE RECORDS THAN ELVIS AND THE BEATLES COMBINED...."

What a crock of nonsense this is !! I remember this commercial. The sound that is sweeping America by storm? Are you serious? Check out the 8 Track tape. What a load of BS, and it came from Texas, (home of the JFK fiasco).

Does the media really want us to believe this guy is selling more records in this country or that country... more than... the Beatles and Elvis? What a farce.

BlazinNoiseBoy (5 months ago) marked as spam
Gotta love the 8 track at the end.You youngsters out there, I had to live with this commercial about 8 times an hour on cable channels like WTBS.


Yes yes, I agree, I had to endure this stuff too when I watched TV as a kid. I had no idea who this lout was but he was on my tv a LOT. APparently him and Boxcar Willie were major hearthrobs and were selling out Madison Square Garden... according to these awful commercials which I find IMPOSSIBLE to believe.


osurulz44507 (6 months ago) marked as spam
Think I'll go somewhere and cry myself to sleep after watching this...P.S. 1-800-228-1010 STILL works!
(
Reply) (Spam)

pochs (6 months ago) marked as spam
I didn't like him in 1980. And now it's 26 years later & I dislike him 26 times as much. He's beyond "Timeless" - he's WORTHLESS !

Nice comments gang but how can he possibly be 26 times worse? That is sort of an impossibility right? He does not age like fine wine but turns into rancid vinegar. This is not the voice of genius but really tacky PR.

Where did this guy come from and where did he go after? Was he a secret agent for the KGB sent to spy on us through our cable systems in the 80s? What gives? Was he even a real singer? Did he get sent to prison? Answers answers someone please give me some answers.

Who was this joker?


Well..... ????

Cantu 2007, posted this on May 20, 2007 at 11:32 am

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Slim is a friend of mine and I ran his fan club in the U.S. for 23 years. No where in that "All My Best" TV marketed advertisememnt does it state he sold more records than Elvis and the Beatles. It says he had a number one hit record for more consecutive weeks than they did.
For more in info...google..Slim Whitman Collectors International. You'll find me there.