Thursday, March 22, 2007

DINO LEE AND THE NEW LAS VEGANS - WHATS NEW PUSSY CAT?


"WHEN I FIRST SAW THIS GUY, I KNEW IT WAS THE SPRING TIME OF MY LIFE....."
I was enthused when I first saw this clip - !!! Sort of like the way a lot of people got excited when they first found out about The Beatles. I got excited about DINO LEE AND THE NEW LAS VEGANS.....

This was even before Las Vegas emerged as this uber cool vacation spot in the 90's. I had no idea that was even going to happen. The mob was leaving Vegas in droves and corporations took over turning Sin City into Walt Disneyland.... pretty much. The same minds got a hold of sleazy Times Square in New Yack City and turned it into a G rated hot spot for young families. Silly but profitable......

But back to Dino.... It wasn't considered A GOOD THING if you admitted you liked this sexist, pompous, and sharp witted doofus. But I did anyways. I know entertainment when I see it and this guy has star quality written and smeared all over his gelled up hairdoo.
Then Dino disappeared. Oh sure, he appeared to the locals around Austin Texas but he didn't pop up in too many other places. I was disappointed. But by the early 90's all I wanted to do was get the hell out of that rat hole prison town, Ann Arbor, Michigan. I wanted to discover bands on MY OWN TERMS and get away from the mess hall mentality of what was good or not. Whats the sense of thinking clearly on your own if you live under a culture dictatorship?
ANYWHO -- this stuff communicates to me. I am quite sure that it communicates to you too - but maybe not as well mannered as you would like.

Still -- who has the guts to carry this stuff off these days?

Cantu writes for the fashion culture beauty network and can be found at www.fascube.blogspot.com and lives in Chicago and Detroit, Michigan. This entry was created on March 21, 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so happens we're playing Friday October 26 at Antone's. See ya there!