Tuesday, March 20, 2007

THE ARCTIC MONKEYS - WHERE 'AVE YOU BEEN?


"I'm Damn Glad They've Arrived When They DID !!"

The perfect anectdote to rehab.

I love these rascals. They are coming to America too which makes me love them even more. They got real balls.

They care enough to come to Detroit to show the rest of us just how music is done. Even though I can't help but feel a bit of real closeness to this and the White Stripes. I still like them.

This particular romp has little to do with their typical sound... which is a sound I particulary like.... since it doesn't sound like anything else out there, (check the strange and uneven measures and intros and mini intros to their main song... "A Certain Romance" for example). These guys have a bit of Quadrophenic sensibility that only owning a SUV could cure.

Its a damn shame we got nothing like them on this side of the pond.
BUT THEY ARE COMING TO DETROIT, as I've said so multi cheers to that !

Cantu is Cantu, and relentless blogs on in the Fashion Culture Beauty Network, he can be found at
http://fascube.blogspot.com and lives in Chicago and Walled Lake, MI. This was created on March 20, 2007.

No comments: