Sunday, April 15, 2007

MURRAY HEAD - ITS GARBAGE.. WHAT'YA MEAN !!???

"Words Alone Cannot Explain How Much This Sucks-- You KNOW?"

This song bothered me to no end as a youth. I think it had a secret following in my high school -- yes.. I went to a sad and sorry high school in Virginia. This served as a portal to the "outside world". There were a lot of cows and fragrant manure where I lived. We ... dwelled in the middle of literally nowhere - giant horse flies, hot sun, strange neighbors from the set of Deliverance... we didn't have MTV, we had to settle for sucky NBC, "Friday Night Videos".

You had to tape it on Friday night and then watch it over and over again and pretend you had MTV. IT WAS FUN.

It was so fun that the day after i graduated high school in Virginia I left for good. THE VERY NEXT DAY and I never went back.

ANYWHO I couldn't figure out who Murray Head was or who he appealed to. He certainly didn't appeal to me. I couldn't figure out who this song was written for. Turns out it was written for a play on Broadway called Chess. I have no idea what the play was about. I have no desire to find out now that I am older..... This song BLOWS.

This sounds like a travelogue of a bored homosexual blowing the family fortune in some obscure trip across .... bangkok of all places. He just rambles on about massage parlours and ... bars and something about.... who knows what.

Its very uninspiring. The tone of this song really turned me off. Head.. as he is affectionately known, doesn't sound too jazzed to be put in the position to sing this song. I am hardly overjoyed to be put in a position to listen to him whine, moan and bitch about.... "the city". Who cares about this ensemble. I mean really.

Angels and Devils sliding up next to me etc...... God man.. what drivel. He refers to me as "brother" and I can assure you that I am none of the kind. This song drives me to want to commit Heavy Metal. I want to grow my hair out to my faded jeans and not wear deoderant. I am inspired to shop at Target and eat at Dennys. I want to do anything and everything that is unstylized. This is crap music.

Here it is 2007 and I am still bitching about Murray Head.

Man.

Cantu 2007

No comments: