Wednesday, January 17, 2007

THE STONE ROSES -- JUST ADD WATER - INSTANT CLASSIC


WHAT THE HELL

These guys only released a handful of songs, mainly this one in multiple remixes--- and were heralded an instant classic. Its like powdered soup.

If these guys were so prolific where are they now? Don't get me wrong, I adore, "I WANNA BE ADORED" but I would like to see more offerings from this "prolific wunderkind". These guys also have a page on Wikipedia which I find somewhat amusing. Oh great... just what I always wanted... their grammer school records.. WHO CARES.

This band only put out TWO studio albums... yep, count 'em... TWO. From those two albums the record companies put out no less than FIVE COMPILATIONS AND GREATEST HITS.. from two studio album releases which is absurd.

Somehow I want to care about that. I want to find meaning in that.

But I don't.

These guys had a great song, thats it, I let it go.
------------------------------------------------------------
Ted Cantu is the creator of
http://www.beautyloungestore.com he has contributed to several blogs and podcasts such as…..http://911copywriters.podomatic.com. He served as a top rated art director for Interactive Web Marketing groups in Chicago and New York City.

No comments: